Overview of Mud Gun
Mud gun is also called drilling fluid gun and mud tank cleaning gun. Mud gun is designed for use in the tank corner to prevent solid precipitation or wash the bottom of the tank in a solids control system of a drilling rig. Mud Gun can also transport the mud between the tank and tanks.
Mud guns are generally used with high-power sand pumps or shear pumps, mainly to prevent mud from settling in the drilling mud tank.The precipitation in the tank can realize the 360-angle cleaning work in the mud tank, and clean up the residual objects in the mud tank to keep the tank clean and prolong the service life of the tank.
The mud gun is supplied by the branch stream discharged from the drilling pump or the centrifugal sand pump, and there is no need to configure a power source for it. But usually the power source of the mud gun can be a mud pump or a jet mixing device.
A mud gun works like a high-pressure water gun. The clean water line in the tank is connected to the mud gun. Open the valve during use, and under pressure, water will be sprayed from the three nozzles of the mud gun to form an umbrella shape, which can cover the tank wall and dead ends.
Features of Mud Gun
1. The mud gun can be rotated and adjusted in all directions
2. Use replaceable wear-resistant nozzles
3. Good spray effect
4. Large cleaning area
5. Simple structure, flexible operation, easy to use
6. The structure is optimized and reasonable, and can adapt to the matching requirements of pumps with different pressures.
7. The sealing performance of the mud gun is good, the nozzle has a high degree of wear resistance, and the spraying force is strong, which can clean the inside of the mud tank.
8. The supporting parts of the mud gun are selected from well-known brands, which greatly improves the performance and life of the equipment.
9. The overall mud gun has been pickled, galvanized, hot-dip galvanized, passivated, and finely polished to improve the anti-corrosion performance of the mud gun.
Applications of Mud Gun
The mud gun is mainly used for high-pressure jet mixing in the mud tank to prevent solid phase precipitation at the corners of the mud tank and the suction ports of each pump. It can also be used to transport mud between each mud tank.
Classification of Mud Guns
1. There are high-pressure mud guns and low-pressure mud guns. The high-pressure gun is supplied by the branch stream discharged from the drilling pump, and the pressure level is 1-6MPa. The low-pressure gun is supplied by a centrifugal sand pump, and the pressure level is 0.2-0.3MPa.The number of mud gun depends on the size of tank. Usually mud gun installed with mud line of mud tank. According the inlet pipe size, there are 2’ mud gun and 3’ mud gun for option.
2. According to different structure feature, there are two types of mud gun. One type is fixed mud gun , and the other type is rotary mud gun. Mud Guns are available for rotation adjustment to allow the operator to optimize the mud guns performance. The replaceable wear resistant jet nozzle is used, which is special design with better shearing.
Selection of Mud gun
The prerequisite for mud gun selection is to know the specifications and models of the mud gun. A mud gun is a fluid that passes through a nozzle to generate a high-speed flow to achieve the purpose of agitating the drilling fluid. Because most systems use low-pressure mud guns, the following points must be considered in order to make it work properly:
1. The size and type of the nozzle
2. Quantity of elbows, tees, valves and reducers
3. Tube length
4. Use the size of the tube
Price of Mud Gun
The Mud Gun Price will change randomly with factors such as production cost, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate, market supply and demand of raw materials. Sino Mechanical aims to provide you with high quality and best price Mud Gun. If you are looking for Mud Gun, please kindly contact us to get the latest Mud Gun price.
Mud Gun Supplier
Sino Mechanical, as a Mud Gun manufacturer, has more than 20 years extensive experiences in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of Mud Gun. We are global Mud Gun supplier. We offer a wide range of drilling equipment and have Mud Gun for sale. We also provide OEM services. We design, manufacture, and sell Mud Gun for your drilling applications. If you want to know latest Mud Gun price, don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Technical Specifications of Mud Gun
The above specification and parameters are for reference only.