Overview of Generator Set
A generator set is a complete set of mechanical equipment that converts other forms of energy into electrical energy. The generator set can also be used as a backup power source for various factories.
A genset, also known as a generator set, is a portable power supply source that consists of an engine and a generator. Gensets offer a convenient and efficient means of providing electricity without requiring access to the power grid, and you can choose to use a diesel generator set or gas generator set.
Generally, our common generator sets are usually driven by steam turbines, hydraulic turbines or internal combustion engines (gasoline engines, diesel engines, etc.), and renewable new energy sources include nuclear energy, wind energy, solar energy, biomass energy, ocean energy, etc. Due to the large capacity of the diesel generator set, it can run in parallel and last for a long time, and can also run independently. It does not run in parallel with the regional power grid, is not affected by power grid failures, and has high reliability. Especially in some areas where the commonly used mains power is not very reliable, using the diesel generator set as a backup power supply can not only play the role of emergency power supply, but also through the reasonable optimization of the low-voltage system, some of the more important loads in normal times can be used during power outages. Therefore, it is widely used in engineering.
The temperature of the generator set rises rapidly when the size of the diesel engine generator set shrinks, reaching the ignition point of diesel. When the diesel oil is ignited, the mixed gas burns violently, and the volume expands rapidly, pushing the piston down, which is called 'work'.
The cylinders perform work in a certain order, and the thrust acting on the piston becomes the power to drive the crankshaft through the connecting rod, thereby driving the crankshaft to rotate. Using the principle of 'electromagnetic induction', the generator will output the induced electromotive force, and the current will be generated through the closed load circuit. Only the most basic working principle of the generator set is described here. In order to obtain usable and stable power output, a series of diesel engine and generator control, protection devices and circuits are also required.
Diesel engine power generation system The assembly of diesel engine, oil supply system, cooling system, starting system and synchronous brushless generator. The diesel engine is the power core of the entire power generation system. The first stage of the diesel generator set is the energy conversion device, which is the key equipment for converting chemical energy into mechanical energy. The diesel engine is mainly composed of the following parts: collective assembly and crankshaft connecting rod mechanism, valve train and intake and exhaust system, diesel engine supply system, cooling system, lubrication system, starting and electrical system, supercharging system.
Types of Generator Set
Generator sets include diesel generator sets and gas generator sets. Diesel generator set is the main component of drilling equipment. It is mainly composed of diesel engine and generator. It is the power source of electric drilling rig.
Gas generator sets include gas engines and gas generators, which mainly use natural gas, oilfield associated gas, gas gas, landfill gas, biogas and refining tail gas. Products are widely used in coal, petroleum refining, natural gas treatment and environmental protection and other fields.
1. According to the source of power, generators can be divided into diesel generators, gas generators, gasoline generators, wind turbines, solar generators, hydroelectric generators, coal-fired generators, etc.
Generating sets can be divided into two categories: AC generators and DC generators according to the way of converting electrical energy. Alternators are divided into two types: synchronous generators and asynchronous generators. Synchronous generators are divided into two types: hidden pole synchronous generators and salient pole synchronous generators. Synchronous generators are most commonly used in modern power stations, and asynchronous generators are rarely used. Alternating generators can be divided into two types: single-phase generators and three-phase generators. The output voltage of the three-phase generator is 380V, and the output voltage of the single-phase generator is 220V.
2. According to the excitation mode, it can be divided into two types: brush excitation generator and brushless excitation generator. The excitation mode of the brush-excited generator is the separate excitation type, and the excitation mode of the brushless excitation generator is the self-excited type. The rectification device of the self-excited generator is on the stator of the generator, while the rectification device of the self-excited generator is on the rotor of the generator set.
3. According to the driving power, it can be divided into wind generators, hydro generators and fuel generators. Wind turbines rely on the wind to drive the generator to rotate and generate electricity. This generator does not need to consume additional energy, and is a non-polluting generator. A hydroelectric generator uses the drop of water flow to generate power and drive a generator to generate electricity. It is also a device that uses green natural resources to generate electricity, also known as a hydroelectric generator. The fuel generator relies on the combustion of diesel or gasoline to generate power to drive the generator set. The use of small fuel generators can play an emergency role. In the event of a power outage, the fuel generator can be started to generate electricity to maintain normal work.
4. According to the style classification, it can be divided into open generators, silent generators and mobile generators. An open generator is a diesel engine. The generator, water tank and control panel are assembled directly on the base without a protective cover covering the fuselage. A silent generator is a generator with a silent box, which can generally reach 60-75DB at a distance of 7 meters from the unit. The mobile generator is to install the unit on a trailer, or on a car with equipment that can be easily transported.
Gasoline generator set is a kind of power generation equipment, which refers to gasoline and other fuels. A gasoline generator set is a mechanical device that converts other forms of energy into electrical energy. Gasoline generator sets are driven by water turbines, steam turbines, diesel engines or other power machinery, which convert the energy generated by water flow, air flow, fuel combustion or nuclear fission into mechanical energy and transmit it to the generator, which is then converted into electrical energy by the generator. Generators are widely used in industrial and agricultural production, national defense, science and technology and daily life.
The diesel engine drives the generator to convert the energy of the diesel into electricity. According to different uses, diesel engine-driven generators can be divided into land-use diesel generator sets and marine diesel generator sets. According to different brands, diesel engine-driven generators can be divided into domestic diesel generator sets and imported diesel generator sets. According to different speeds, diesel engine-driven generators can be divided into low-speed generator sets and high-speed generator sets.
Features of Generator Set
The generator uses a high-speed engine with high boost, high reliability, long life, and low energy consumption, and adopts new technologies such as electronic control, high-pressure common rail, high boost, Miller cycle, and exhaust after-treatment. Good performance, high reliability, good environmental protection and strong adaptability.
In addition to the functions of series diesel generator sets, the generator set also has the following characteristics:
1. The noise of the unit is low, the overall structure is compact, and the space occupied is small. The internal noise is controlled inside the sound-absorbing chassis and within a controllable range. This lower noise value is the premise to ensure that it can be used in residential areas for a long time.
2. The cabinets are all detachable structures. The cabinets are spliced by steel plates, and the surface is coated with high-performance anti-rust paint, which also has the functions of noise reduction and rain protection;
3. The interior of the box adopts a multi-layer barrier impedance mismatched noise reduction structure and a built-in large impedance type silencer. The tank structure design is reasonable, there is a large-capacity fuel tank inside the tank, and there are two inspection doors on the left and right at the same time, so as to facilitate the maintenance of the unit;
4. At the same time, there are observation windows and unit emergency shutdown fault buttons on the box, so as to observe the operation of the unit and stop the unit at a faster speed in case of emergency to avoid damage to the unit
5. Flexible size. Changes in design and processing can be made according to the site of use, especially the change of its height and length, which is the basis for the modification of the equipment. Only proper and reasonable use can make the equipment more humanized.
6. Long service life. All high-life components are used to extend the service life of the equipment, and both its stability and maintenance cycle have become very stable, which is the basis for ensuring user experience.
7. It can measure basic functions such as steady-state three-phase voltage, current, active power, reactive power, apparent power, power factor, frequency, and running time of diesel generator sets.
8. It has the function of harmonic analysis, which can simultaneously analyze the harmonic content and total harmonic content of voltage and current from 2 to 40 times; electric energy accumulation function.
9. Diesel generator set setting test, fluctuation test, transient test (load sudden increase, load sudden unloading) functions, can automatically test the large and small voltage, large and small current, and high frequency when the load changes suddenly , a smaller value, and recovery time.
10. It has a powerful voltage recording function, and is equipped with a photoelectric isolation RS485/RS232 serial port communication function, and the serial port has powerful functions.
11. It can not only measure all steady-state parameters, but also measure sudden load, sudden discharge, voltage, current, frequency curve, voltage and current harmonic curve and harmonic content.
12. Used in conjunction with the upper computer, it can automatically complete the measurement of all electrical parameters of the diesel generator set. Automatically generate various charts, curves and test reports. Standard operation, strong sex. The data content is rich, and the report has strong applicability, and can be signed and formatted according to user needs.
13. There are 4 groups of load control functions, each group can control 25% of the load, which can be combined into 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of the four load forms or set according to the needs.
14. The load control function can complete the functions of sudden loading and unloading.
15. It has the function of loading inductive or capacitive loads (designed separately according to user needs).
16. The above controls can be controlled automatically by computer or manually on the panel.
17. Equipped with three-way ambient temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure sensor interfaces, which can automatically complete the measurement, display and upload of ambient temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure (the user configures the sensor by himself).
18. Optimize the segmented power input mode, which is easy to set and covers all power values (1kw to maximum 120kw, 0.5kVA to 50.5 kVA).
19. Realize intelligent control, and can automatically test various parameters of diesel generator sets including dynamic parameters. It provides scientific detection methods for high-power diesel generator sets (domestic excellence).
20. Cooling method: forced air cooling;
21. Working mode: load segment control (contactor mode for single pole double throw switch control). It can meet any power combination within the rated power.
22. Vibration reduction facilities, high-performance shock absorbers are used between the diesel engine and generator and the bridge frame to reduce the noise caused by vibration.
23. The sound insulation cover is made of four to five layers of sound-absorbing materials. The technology is mature, and the effect of sound absorption and sound insulation is obvious.
24. The air inlet muffler, the labyrinth air inlet muffler with three layers of sound-absorbing materials, not only ensures enough fresh air to enter, but also effectively seals the noise from outside.
25. Exhaust muffler, labyrinth exhaust muffler with three layers of sound-absorbing material, not only ensures smooth exhaust, but also effectively seals the spread of noise.
26. Exhaust muffler, the adoption of impedance compound muffler greatly reduces the noise when exhaust gas is discharged, and the emission can meet national standards.
27. The power cable connection adopts a fixed junction box structure and is directly connected outside the box.
Applications of Generator Set
Several industries require gensets to provide power and backup electricity. Gensets are also used to keep refrigerated loads cold during road transport when shore or vessel power is not available. Reasons for needing the gensets depend on the operations and location of a business.
1. Generating sets for land drilling rigs and offshore oil platform drilling rigs.
2. Drilling auxiliary power.
3. Oil field workover, oil testing, etc.
4. Petroleum refinery, natural gas processing plant
5. Other factory emergency power supply.
Generator Set Spare Parts
The generator set is composed of power system, control system, muffler system, shock absorption system and exhaust system. The generating set is driven by water turbine, steam turbine, diesel engine or other power machinery. It first converts the energy generated by water flow, air flow, fuel combustion or nuclear fission into mechanical energy and transmits it to the generator. Then it is converted into electrical energy by the generator and output to the electrical equipment for use.
Generator sets are composed of engines, generators, and control systems.
1. The engine provides kinetic energy
2. Generator produces current
3. Power supply system
4. Cooling system
5. Start the system
7. Excitation control system
8. Protection unit
10. Communication Systems
11. Main control system
The engine, oil supply system, cooling system, starting system, and generator can be summarized as the mechanical part of the generator set.
The excitation controller, protection controller, electronic control system, communication system, and main control system can be collectively referred to as the control part of the diesel generator set.
Sino Mechanical will help you to choose your best type Generator Set
1. Reasonable selection of generator sets.
There are gas engine generators, diesel generators, hydroelectric generators and wind turbines on the market. Different types of generating sets have different performances, scopes of use, market conditions, etc. Generating sets should be selected reasonably. Gas-fired generator sets are generally used for constant load. The fuel it uses is natural gas. It has a wide range of output power, high reliability in start-up and operation, good power generation quality, small size and light weight, simple maintenance, low-frequency noise, and low cost. Low, conducive to environmental protection and other advantages.
2. Several factors should be considered when selecting the unit.
Diesel units are usually used as emergency or backup power sources. The fuel used is diesel, which is a non-renewable resource and is more expensive. However, the purchase and storage of diesel is more convenient than natural gas. The single unit has a large capacity, a wide range of applications, high thermal efficiency, and low fuel consumption. Start quickly, and the maintenance technology is mature, so diesel generator sets are most commonly used in the market.
3. Selection of commonly used generator sets.
Hydroelectric generator sets are generally used in various hydropower stations. They have the characteristics of low cost, small size, light weight, simple structure, reliable operation, and convenient installation and use. They are suitable for generating electricity for lighting, TV sets, etc. , but requires abundant water resources. Wind power generators use natural energy, are pollution-free, and are renewable energy sources.
4. Selection of standby generating set.
Compared with diesel power generation, they are much better, but they are not as good as diesel generators for emergency use. Wind turbines cannot be regarded as backup power, but they can be used for a long time. It is generally suitable for use in areas far away from power grids, pastoral areas, mountainous areas, islands and other areas rich in wind resources. In addition, whether it is cost or technology, there is still a big gap compared with traditional thermal power and hydropower, and national policy support is also needed. Therefore, it is generally advisable to choose diesel generator sets as power generation equipment in engineering.
5. Selection of emergency generators.
The emergency generator should generally choose a generator set with high speed, supercharging, low fuel consumption and the same capacity. The high-speed supercharged diesel engine has a large single-unit capacity and occupies a small space; the diesel engine is equipped with an electronic or hydraulic speed control device, and the speed control performance is good; Low power efficiency, convenient maintenance and repair; when the capacity of a single air conditioner or motor in the primary load is large, it is advisable to choose a generator set with third harmonic excitation; the unit is assembled on a common chassis with a shock absorber; smoke exhaust The pipe outlet should be equipped with a muffler to reduce the impact of noise on the surrounding environment.
(1) Determination of capacity: The emergency generating set is used for emergency purposes, and is often in a standby emergency start state. The continuous operation time is not long, generally not exceeding 8 hours, so the capacity can be determined according to "standby power". According to the sum of the capacity of the primary load (not counting the reserve capacity), the capacity of the emergency diesel generator set is determined by considering the corrected unit capacity and meeting the starting requirements of the largest motor in the primary load. The emergency generator generally uses a three-phase AC synchronous generator with a rated output voltage of 400V.
(2) Determination of the number of units: generally choose 1 automatic generator set with a speed of 1000-1500 rpm, brushless excitation, 400/230V, three-phase four-wire control panel, charging and discharging equipment and a common chassis. A common chassis with a daily fuel tank can be required to reduce pipelines and occupied area. In addition, in consideration of reliability, two units can also be selected to be connected in parallel for power supply. The number of generator sets for emergency supply should generally not exceed 3. When multiple units are selected, the units should try to use complete sets of equipment with the same model and capacity, and similar characteristics of pressure regulation and speed regulation, and the nature of the fuel used should be consistent for maintenance and common spare parts.
6. Selection of unit starting mode.
There are three ways to start the diesel engine: ① manual start; ② electric start; ③ compressed air start. Electric starters should be used in high-rise buildings instead of compressed air starters. In a class of high-rise buildings, a diesel generator set with a self-starting device must be selected.
Once the power supply of the city network is interrupted, the power must be supplied within 15 seconds (the high standard requires 30 seconds). When conditions permit, units with self-starting devices should also be used in Class II high-rise buildings, and manual starting devices can also be used when it is difficult.
8. Problems to be paid attention to when matching with three-phase motors.
When selecting the capacity of the generator set and the three-phase motor, it is recommended to consider a safety factor of 1.5, that is, 1.5 times the motor capacity (must be a soft start method).
9. Pay attention to the relationship between rated power and reserve power, KVA and KW.
Some manufacturers in the market only talk about one "power" and introduce and sell the units with the reserve power as the rated power. Actually backup power = 1.1x rated power. And the backup power can only be used for 1 hour in 12 hours of continuous operation. In China, the rated power is generally used to mark diesel generator sets, while in the world, the standby power is used to mark. KVA is apparent power, KW is effective power, and the relationship between them is IKVA=0.8KW. Imported units are generally expressed in KVA, while domestic electrical equipment is generally expressed in KW.
10. Recognize the brand of the unit.
Generally, imported generating sets are assembled machines, but for domestic generating sets, there are integrated generating sets (that is, the generator and engine are of the same brand), although the volume is larger than that of imported ones, their performance is also different from that of some imported generating sets. They are divided into top and bottom, and the price is cheap, so when purchasing, you should fully understand the manufacturer and brand of the diesel engine, generator, and control cabinet of the unit, so as to comprehensively evaluate the grade of the unit.
11. Fuel consumption of generator set
Many customers will consider the fuel consumption when choosing a generator set. Many users will not understand the numbers marked on the parameters before choosing. For example, the fuel consumption of a 5KW gasoline generator set will be marked with 540g/KW/h means that the fuel consumption per KW per hour is 540g, many customers will think that this generator is 540g per hour. In fact, this is not the case, it is 540g 1KW for one hour, that is to say, when the machine is fully loaded, it is 1 kilowatt, 540g, 5 kilowatts, or 5 540g. Of course, looking at this, many customers will think that the fuel consumption of the generator is too high, but what I just said is calculated in this way under full load. Therefore, the actual fuel consumption cannot reach so much, because the generator and equipment will have a starting current, so generally buying a 5kw gasoline generator will not use all 5kw, and if your If the power of the equipment is not large, the oil consumed by the generator is only 1/3.
Price of Generator Set
The Generator Set Price will change randomly with factors such as production cost, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate, market supply and demand of raw materials. Sino Mechanical aims to provide you with high quality and best price Generator Set for drilling and Generator Set spare parts. If you are looking for Generator Set, Generator Set spare parts or want to know Generator Set specifications, please kindly contact us to get the latest Generator Set price.
Generator Set Supplier
Sino Mechanical, as a Generator Set manufacturer and supplier, has more than 20 years extensive experiences in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of Generator Set. We are global Generator Set supplier. We offer a wide range of drilling equipment and have Generator Set for sale. We also provide OEM services. We design, manufacture, and sell Generator Set for your drilling applications. If you want to know latest Generator Set price , don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Technical Specifications of Generator Set
Cylinders & Arrangement
Heat consumption ratekJ/kW.h
Lub. oil consumption rate g/kW.h